On site and online training available. Successful completion of training modules entitles the student to receive AAPC industry recognized credentials.
Anatomy and Pathophysiology for ICD-10-CM
Online delivery of fourteen (14) modules. Webinars between 30-50 minutes, downloadable PDF handout(written chapter), 10 question quiz. Can be purchased in individual modules or in complete package.
This training is perfect for coders needing a brush up on A&P and for those wanting to see how the codes will contain more clinical specificity in ICD-10-CM.
Essentials of ICD-10-CM for Providers and Staff
This 4-hour training is recommended for physicians, administrators, and others who need basic fundamental knowledge of ICD-10-CM. Each attendee will receive the ICD-10-CM training manual. For larger organizations it is suggested that trainings be broken into specialty to make trainings more effective.
This 4-hour training will cover:
- Differences between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM
- Documentation challenges
- Coding examples
We recommend mandating this training for all providers and practicing managers. The maximum number per training session is 50 attendees, thus it is recommended to conduct two sessions per day for larger facilities. Additional days and sessions will be scheduled based on attendee numbers.
Train the Trainer ICD-10-CM
This three day ICD-10 intensive “Train the Trainer” training may be conducted at client’s facility[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]. Each attendee will receive our ICD-10-CM instructor training manual, ICD-10- CM codebook, and a final examination. This training will cover each chapter extensively with in-depth ICD-10-CM with added case examples. At the end of this training, personnel will be experts on ICD-10-CM and be able to train others within the organization. Hands on cases are customized for client.
ICD-10 Training Agenda
Chapter Specific Coding Guidelines, case examples and exercises as outlined below:
- Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
- Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs
- Endocrine, Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases
- Mental and Behavioral Disorders
- Disease of the Nervous System
- Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa
- Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process
- Diseases of the Circulatory System
- Diseases of the Respiratory System
- Diseases of the Digestive System
- Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
- Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
- Diseases of the Genitourinary System
15. Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Puerperium
- Newborn (Perinatal)
- Congenital Malformations, Deformations and Chromosomal Abnormalities
- Symptoms, Signs and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings
- Injury, Poisoning and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes
- External Causes of Morbidity
- Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services
Proficiency Examination. Trainers who pass the final examination will be awarded certification as a Certified ICD-10 Trainer. Certified trainers who are CPC certified will then not need to take the Proficiency examination in order to maintain certification. The final examination will be sufficient to validate proficiency in ICD-10.
ICD-10-PCS Train the Trainer
This three day ICD-10-PCS intensive “Train the Trainer” training will be conducted at the client’s facility. At the end of this training, personnel will be experts on ICD-10-PCS and be able to train others within the organization on ICD-10-PCS. Training will include all aspects of ICD-10-PCS.
Each attendee will receive our ICD-10-PCS two-day code set instructor manual as well as power point presentations for use in trainings if curriculum licensing is chosen, and an ICD-10- PCS codebook.
The final examination: Trainer Examination. Trainers who pass the final examination will be awarded certification as Certified ICD-10-PCS Trainer for your company. This course is approved for 24 CEUs.
ICD-10-PCS Training Agenda:
- System Organization
- Medical and Surgical sections
- Main terms
- ICD-10-PCS Fundamentals
- Multiaxial structure
- Structural Integrity
- ICD-10-PCS Additional Characteristics
- ICD-10-PCS Applications
- Building a code
- Present on admission
- Root operation groups
- Ancillary sections in ICD-10-PCS
- Hands on coding exercises
ICD-10-PCS Code Set Training
This course includes sixteen (16) hours of intensive ICD-10-PCS code set training. Coders will have an in-depth understanding of ICD-10-PCS upon completion of this training. Each attendee will receive the ICD-10-PCS Work Book and the ICD-10-PCS Code Book. Upon completion coders will understand the proper application and process of selecting an ICD-10-PCS code as well as 16 CEUs.
- Overview of ICD-10-PCS
- ICD-10-PCS General Guidelines
- Terminology changes in ICD-10-PCS
- Hands on Coding Cases
ICD-10-CM Code Set Training
This classroom style course is sixteen (16) hours of intensive ICD-10 code set training. ICD-10-CM Code Set Training is recommended for Coders and Physicians who are coding records on a daily basis. Each attendee will receive the ICD-10-CM Work Book as well as 16 CEUs.
- Complete ICD-10-CM code set training
- ICD-10-CM Guidelines with guideline based scenarios
- Hands on coding cases
 Subject to the number of personnel to be trained