[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
Cancer Treatment and Personalized Medicine
According to Cleveland Clinic, the Health IT Sector Raised $2.2 billion in venture capital funding in 2013. Cleveland Clinic is looking for the next big thing. The conference is focused on: Disruptive Technology, Efficiency Technology and Ecosystem Technology.
Over 1,500 clinicians, managed care company executives, pharmaceutical company and start-up entrepreneurs, and investors are here in Cleveland starting today for Cleveland Clinic’s 12th Annual Medical Innovation Summit.
The New Ventures Healthcare Challenge kicked off with Inder Singh, Founder & CEO of Kinsa and winner of the 2013 Cleveland Clinic 2013 Challenge, along with Gary Fingerhut, Director of Innovation at Cleveland Clinic introduced the 2014 Cleveland Clinic Medical Innovation Summit Challenge. The Challenge include company presentations from MedAware, Ocuvera, Biop medical, and Admetsys Corporation.
Challenge Panelists Include:
- Joe Cunningham, MD, Managing Director, Santé Ventures
- C. Martin Harris, MD, Chief Information Officer, Cleveland Clinic
- Jared Kesselheim, MD, Partner, Bain Capital Ventures
- Dana Mead, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers
- JC Simbana, VP, Life Science & Digital Health, Silicon Valley Bank
Confirmed speakers include:In the Innovation Base Camp, first up was a presentation of the vision for a world with instantaneous communication and sensing.
- Jack Andraka, Inventor, Scientist, Cancer Researcher
- Jeff Arnold, Chairman & CEO, Sharecare
- Marsha Barwick, Director of Applied Sciences, Marshfield Clinic
- Peter Buca, VP, Technology & Innovation, Parker Hannifin
- Todd Clyde, EVP, Global Field Operations, Mindjet
- Breanna DiGiammarino, Head of Cause, Indiegogo
- Gary Fingerhut, Executive Director, Cleveland Clinic Innovations
- Thomas Graham, MD, Chief Innovation Officer, Justice Family Chair in Medical Innovations; Vice Chair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic
- John Nottingham, Co-President, Nottingham Spirk
- Denys Resnick, EVP, Strategic Programs, NineSigma, Inc.
- Mark Smith, MD, Director, MedStar Institute for Innovation
- Larry Stofko, EVP, The Innovation Institute
- Risto Pribisich, Partner, Innovations, Information Technology and Intellectual Property (3iP), Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff LLP
- Robert Smith, Economic Development Reporter, The Plain Dealer
- Halle Tecco, Founder, Rock Health
- Kevin Vigilante, MD, SVP, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Nicholas J. Webb, CEO, Lassen Innovation
- Samuel Wertheimer, Managing Director, Poliwogg
- Richard Wesorick, Partner, Tarolli, Sundheim, Covell & Tummino LLP
- Derek Young, Founder & CEO, i360medical Ltd
According to Cleveland Clinic, the Health IT Sector Raised $2.2 billion in venture capital funding in 2013. Cleveland Clinic is looking for the next big thing. The conference is focused on: Disruptive Technology, Efficiency Technology and Ecosystem Technology.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]