Expert Witness Experience in Anti-trust and Competition Law
Anti-trust expert witness in healthcare: Our team has worked side by side with attorneys and economists on recent matters in healthcare involving many of the following areas. Our value add is often in assisting in complex discovery and the economic meaning of healthcare data and regulations. We can help ‘tell the story’ regarding complexities, terminology and other factors. Our lead expert Michael Arrigo has advised litigants as a consulting expert in cases before the FTC, and in State jurisdictions. He is currently retained by the U.S. Department of Justice in a significant Federal investigation related to False Claims.[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
Antitrust expert witness capabilities should include knowledge of one or more of the following areas in the context of an anti-trust expert witness supporting a litigation team about the intricacies of health data, healthcare regulations and healthcare economics.
- Antitrust actions related to tortious interference
- Complex litigation and class actions, including the Class Action Fairness Act (CAFA).
- Government civil investigations and litigation, including the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice.
- Section 5 of the FTC Act.
- Merger and acquisitions, including Hart-Scott-Rodino Act Filings with the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission.
- Exclusionary conduct and monopolization (exclusive dealing, loyalty discounts, refusal to deal, bundled discounts, tying, predatory pricing, essential facilities, monopoly leveraging, conspiracy to monopolize, etc.).
- Horizontal agreements under the per se standard, rule of reason, and quick look standards (price-fixing, market allocation, group boycotts, bid rigging).
- Joint ventures.
- Antitrust Group Boycotts
- Robinson-Patman Act.
- Antitrust exemptions and immunities (state-action immunity, Insurance exemption, labor exemption, agricultural cooperatives exemption, filed-rate doctrine, Noerr-Pennington immunity, etc.).
- Antitrust injury, standing, and damage issues.
- State antitrust cases and issues, including the Cartwright Act.
- Unfair Competition and Deceptive Trade Practice laws.
Healthcare Expert Witness[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]