As we have discussed elsewhere, ICD-10 transition creates significant changes in operations. These impact all business processes, costs, revenue for providers and health plans. So, how do we know if, and how this is going to work on October 1, 2014?
4 ICD-10 testing approach components:
- Is the ICD-10 based information being entered so that the record correct?
- Can the ICD-10 claim be produced accurately?
- Can the ICD-10 claim be sent to the health plan properly from the business part of the system?
- Can reporting be produced under ICD-10?
What to Test for
- Accuracy of each step
- Integration between steps
- Productivity/stress testing
- Comparison of result between ICD-9 and 10
When to Test
- As early as possible for each step
- Note that vendor product integration is critical
- May be able to “simulate” processes that are not yet ready
ICD-10 Testing Services – Where we can help:
- Step by step testing for health plans and providers
- End to end testing with all trading partners.